Re: [Health-dev] Health_Lab Question

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Health_Lab Question
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 08:33:36 +0000

Hi Kurt !
On 29/11/13 02:31, Kurt Symanzik wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 November, 2013 09:41 AM, Kurt Symanzik wrote:
>>
>> My question is this: would you recommend that I write a custom module
>> to customize the health_lab work flow and screens, or would it be
>> better to create a custom module without any reliance on the
>> health_lab module at all? Put another way, can the health_lab module
>> be adjusted via a custom module to fit our needs or not?
GNU Health lab module has the functionality to create lab orders,
process them and store the results.
If the workflows, reports are very specific to your center, then you
should create a new module with the customizations / reports, etc..

It you think that the functionality needed will benefit the standard
module, then we can include it on health_lab.

>> Any help, examples, and/or recommended approaches to this issue would
>> be appreciated.
>>

> No responses so far. That is either an indication that my question is
> off topic, far afield of what Tryton/Gnuhealth is made to do, not
> detailed enough, or everyone is busy :).

Your question is not off topic :)

By the way, take a look at Occhiolino project (GNU LIMS),
http://lims.gnu.org . This is an general purpose LIMS, also based on
Tryton, that will have much more functionality, sample management,
workflows, interfaces with the lab equipment, ...Occhiolino health
module will become the GNU Health companion.

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org