Re: [Health-dev] [task #12912] Automatic retrieval of patient allergies

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #12912] Automatic retrieval of patient allergies
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:46:36 -0300

Hi Andrew !
On 10/12/13 07:28, address@hidden wrote:
> Screenshot looks great Luis. Another important clinical safety feature for
> GNU
> Health!
Thanks a lot. This was your idea, so the credit is all yours ! :)

By the way, I've been thinking of extending this concept to other types
of conditions, that can be specific from the pathology or that the
physician considers to have them in front depending on the patient.

For example :
- Type 1 DM should always be in front, no matter which patient. This
could, as in the case of the allergic diseases, be tagged with a label
like "CRIT", and automatically will be shown up front.
- TBC : If the illness is in active state, it should be in front. In
this case, GNU Health can look at the patient disease list and search for :
--> Infectious
--> Severe
--> Active

- Conditions that are patient-dependent, meaning that some diseases
might have a mild course in some patients, whereas in anothers can be
life threatening, like the Leptospirosis case in the example.

This is what I propose :
1) Have a "CRITICAL" tag (or similar name) that can be applied in the
diseases group. The name tag can not be modified, as in the "ALLERGIC" name.

2) Show all chronic conditions . I'm not sure about this one, because
some chronic conditions are mild.

3) Show all active and serious conditions

4) Show important physiological states, as pregnancy.

5) Finally, we can think about having a "checkbox" on the patient
diseases that allow the health professional to place that condition in
the frontpage. This has the good and the bad of being operator-dependent.

We want to make sure that the important, relevant conditions are in the
, but at the same time, we don't want to *overload* the text box, since
it would miss the goal.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best,

--
GNU Health : The Free Health and Hospital Information System
http://health.gnu.org