Re: [Health-dev] Dependency on Tryton

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Dependency on Tryton
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 23:55:23 +0100

Hi Axel,

2014-01-29 Axel Braun <address@hidden>:
Am Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2014, 06:57:17 schrieb Emilien Klein:
> As you guys are well informed on developing on the Tryton platform, I'd like
> to hear how strict the dependency on a certain Tryton version is, as in "is
> Tryton backwards incompatible" when newer versions are released?

At least whith relation to the client, this is absolutely the case. There was
a recent discussion [1], but the outcome was...not very user centric.

Yes, I am aware that the Tryton client and Tryton server need to be in sync. I do share your concerns on this topic.
Although my question was on the dependency of GNU Health (server code) and Tryton server.

To better frame the GNU Health package in Debian, I'd like to know how strong/difficult the dependency on a specific Tryton server is.
I understand that a focus point for the latest GNU Health realease was the compatibility with Tryton 3. Can someone please confirm that this dependency is indeed stict (i.e. not possible to run GNU Health 2.2 on Tryton 3.0?

Thanks,
    +Emilien