Re: [Health-dev] Steps to set up a development environement

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Steps to set up a development environement
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:46:33 +0100

> On 07/03/14 17:37, Emilien Klein wrote:
>>> Similarly, GNU Health 2.6 will be Tryton 3.2 compatible, so you need to
>>> get the latest Tryton server and modules from the Tryton mercurial server.
>>
>> Is that documented somewhere, maybe on the Tryton documentation site?
> Yes. See the Development section of the Tryton Download page
> http://www.tryton.org/download.html
>
> For GNU Health development, you might want to download the required
> Tryton modules only, executing something like this from your terminal
>
> $ TRYTON_MODULES="account account_invoice account_product calendar
> company country currency party product stock stock_lot"
>
> $ for a in ${TRYTON_MODULES}; do hg clone
> http://hg.tryton.org/modules/${a}; done

Yes, that worked all fine.
I've got a few hg repos now: Tryton server, Tryton client, a couple of
Tryton modules, and the GNU Health hg repo.
Of course, I don't have any dependencies installed just yet. When
trying to run the Tryton server from within the trytond repo, I get
this exception:

address@hidden:~/devel/tryton/trytond$ bin/trytond
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/trytond", line 13, in <module>
    import trytond
  File "/home/emilien/devel/tryton/trytond/trytond/__init__.py", line
6, in <module>
    from . import server
  File "/home/emilien/devel/tryton/trytond/trytond/server.py", line
17, in <module>
    from trytond.pool import Pool
  File "/home/emilien/devel/tryton/trytond/trytond/pool.py", line 5, in <module>
    from trytond.modules import load_modules, register_classes
  File "/home/emilien/devel/tryton/trytond/trytond/modules/__init__.py",
line 13, in <module>
    from sql import Table
ImportError: No module named sql

Instead of trying to resolve the dependencies one by one, do you know
where I can find a list of all of Tryton's dependencies?

For GNU Health dependencies, according to [0] I assume the following
are needed (minus python-pip):

# apt-get install python-pip python-imaging postgresql \
build-essential python-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev \
postgresql-server-dev-9.1 libldap2-dev libsasl2-dev

As mentioned, I will make sure to compile all this information I'm
gathering into the documentation wiki, to make it easier for future
contributors.
    +Emilien

[0]
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Operating_System-Specific_Notes#Debian_GNU.2FLinux_and_derivatives_.28eg.2C_Ubuntu.29