Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health on MS Windows?

From: Jakob Lang
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health on MS Windows?
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:51:29 +0200

Hi Ivo,

thanks a lot for sharing your experience.
Do you have a list of required things that need to be installed on windows to get everything run or is the list of the thread in the link you sent already complete?
Is there anything special that needs to be cared of?
Is there a big difference (function wise) between the versions 2.4 and 2.6?
So I mean is it a good option to run on 2.4 to avoid the UTC problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jakob

Hi Jakob!

Hi everyone,

does anyone have experience installing and running the serverside of GNU health on MS Windows?

Thanks
Jakob

I did run the server of version 2.4.1 on windows but, now with 2.6.3 which is using trytond 3.2.2 it does not work anymore for me.

The issue I am having now is:

The trytond server runs in UTC (since series 3.2 I think). But on windows the function setting the servers timezone time.tzset() is not implemented! So each time datetime.now() is called, it returns the local time on windows.

Since I am in timezone UTC+01 with daylight savings, I cannot login into the server because my session is always expired. 2h difference to UTC > default timeout of 10min.

I described it a bit more here with a possible solution, if anyone is interested:

Might still work for you depending on the timezone youre in :)

Cheers,
ivo