Re: [Health-dev] Quantity at service line is an interger

From: Bounmy Sihaphom
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Quantity at service line is an interger
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 14:24:38 +0700

Hi Luis, Cedric and all!
I just want to explain a little about my case at CMR(Centre of Medical Rehabilitation), We have services i.e: cost for Stool Examination Charges $2,50 for Group A patient, $5.00 for Group B patient and $3,75 for group C patient, this is their policy.The OUM for product is Unit, Type of a product : Service, Category: Lab service.Now I am unable to enter 3 different price for a single product.My thinking is , I just want to create only one Stool Examination Charges with $2.50 to avoid populating my table with 3 different Lab services: 1. Stool Examination Charges for Group A patient is $2.50, 2. Stool Examination Charges for group B patient is $5.00, and 3. Stool Examination Charges for Group C patient is $3.75.

At Health Service Line, at CMR, a nurse  can enter each service with let say 3 lines in about less than one minute,if you guys can help to get this quantity solved, she will be more than happy and get things done quicker.For now, she only enters Product,and patient name, the Product description , the Service date and service description comes up automatically.

In case of Group B and C Patient, all she enters in quantity field is 2 and 1.5 respectively.
I really appreciate your help.
Great Thanks in advance.

Best Regards;

Bounmy Sihaphom
mail. address@hidden

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
On 28 Sep 12:22, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hi Bounmy !
> On Sun, 28 Sep 2014 05:17:01 +0700
> Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Luis!
> > Thanks for your kind reply.I am still thinking the Integer qty should
> > be discussed more.
> > ... We cannot enter 1.19 or 1.07 into the qty field, can someone help?
> >
> > Product / services should be integers.
> > I think that you should be able to differentiate the product price by
> > using price lists, which are quite flexible and allow you to do
> > different combinations depending on the patient.
> > Then I have to triple the number of product by 3 if I have 3 types of
> > patients (429 x 3=1287), which I like to avoid.Personally,
> > personally, i still want to find a way of making qty is a float
> > unless there is a very reasonable fact behind this.
> I still don't get why you need to use float for product / services
> lines.
> In products, you can use Unit of Measures, which should deal with
> different amounts.
>
> I think I'm not understanding your point. But you should be able to
> achieve most (all?) scenarios with pricelists and the product Unit
> of Measure (UoM) , using always integers (so 0.5 hours can be encoded
> as 30 mins, for instance)

But I can not understand why limiting to Integer while in the same time
you talk about UoM. UoM's have rounding precision so you can enforce
some UoM to be only integer (rounding = 1). This is how all Tryton's
base modules are designed.
So I think it will be better to change HealthServiceLine.qty into a
float with digits coming from the default UoM of the product if you want
to keep the form simple or add a unit field if you want to be fully
flexible.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden