[Health-dev] Why does Tryton not contain a "pack size" field for product

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Health-dev] Why does Tryton not contain a "pack size" field for products?
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:46:48 +0100 (BST)

Hi Luis and GNU Health team

Does the Tryton development plan include the
introduction of a new product field called "pack size"?

This will be essential
for GNU Health hospitals and clinics who need to order products in packs and
issue to patients in units (tablets, capsues, mL, vials etc).

Cost fields will
need to be:

pack cost price
unit cost price

pack list price
unit list price

I do understand that this could involve considerable Tryton development time
but I don't think that the "problem" of GNU Health users needing to split packs
can be avoided.

See attached file to illustrate the relationship between packs
and units.

Maybe Cedric can comment?

Regards

Andrew