Re: [Health-dev] Build encyption example into live-CD?

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Build encyption example into live-CD?
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:01:58 +0000

Hi Axel !
On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 14:43:10 +0100
"Axel Braun" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> hope you recovered from the TUL! ;-) It was an inspiring event, and
> shows that the community is alive and making progress, esp in the
> indian branch!

I agree with you. It was a great event with great people, talks and very
interesting discussions. I love to see the community growing !

I'm at Berlin airport now, on my way to sunny Canaries :)

> Having talked to Luis and Cedric about encryption and the
> Tryton-plugin to do this, I'm thinking about setting this up in the
> Live-CD as demo how signing prescriptions etc. should/could work.
>
> This requires the creation of a GnuPG set of keys, and shipping of
> the secret key in the Live-CD.
>
> So far no problem, but I dont have a clear opinion if it is a good
> idea to ship a secret key with password. Both is requierd, no doubt,
> and I would clearly mark this key as 'demo'. Is there a potential for
> abuse?

The GNU PG key pair is at the client side, so we should be OK for
signing / validating documents.

So, we shouldn't need to ship / generate key pairs for GnuPG. What I
would do is to make sure that GPG and it's related python library .

For the 2.8 version (Tryton 3.4), the gnuhealth installation program
call the "serverpass" script, that tightens security using cracklib and
encrypts the master server password.

Hope this helps. Let me know your thoughts.

All the best
Luis