Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default PUID configuration and features f

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #13377] Default PUID configuration and features for GNU Health in distributed environments
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 11:52:59 +0000

Hi Andrew !

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:33:01 +0000 (GMT)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Luis
>
> I have clarified in my mind what would be a useful screen enhancement
> of PUID.
>
> Could a new drop down box be created on all PUID screens to show the
> PUID type that is being used as the MAIN system ID of the
> person/patient:

Thanks for the suggestion !

The problem I see with that is that the PUID should always be of the
same type.

If we have an selection field, it might lead to errors from the
registration officer.

The idea behind the PUID is that the type is the same across the health
system (local, regional or national), so when records are
synchronized / searched / aggregated, ... we look for the same type.

But we can think about a wizard at installation time, that could show
this selection box and, for example, change the tooltip / description
to show the ID type.

Let me know your thoughts

Best,
Luis