Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health child immunisation schedule functionality?

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health child immunisation schedule functionality?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 11:10:09 +0100

* address@hidden: " [Health-dev] GNU Health child immunisation
  schedule functionality?" (Mon, 24 Nov 2014 20:59:58 +0000 (GMT)):

Hi all,

just stumbling in late, sorry for that, but perhaps better late than
never...;)

> I think that the GNU Health vaccine / immunization data model

Just some general remarks for the model:

I would indeed stick to the name 'immunization' for the model, because it can
be used as well for allergen immunotherapy[1]. That said it is IMO more correct
to name at least the views 'Immunization' instead of 'Vaccination'.

> needs
> 4 more data elements adding:
>
> e.g.
>
> Vaccine Dose - 0.5
> Vaccine Dose unit
> - mL

Agreed. Currently covered by 'dose' (Integer), but would indeed be better to
have a unit.

> Vaccine Administration Site - Upper arm

Shouls be covered by admin_route (Route).

> Vaccine Manufacturer - Glaxo

This is a property of the vaccine. The same applies for
vaccine_lot and vaccine_expiration_date (where vaccine_expiration_date could be
a property of the lot).
I would move those fields on their respective models and display them as
function fields.

Field 'observations' could be Text instead of Char. Generally, but especially
when doing hypo-sensitisation, it is most important to fix the reactions of the
patient, so I would even make it required (as well as field 'date').

Just my 2ยข,
thx to gnuhealth devs for their great work!

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allergen_immunotherapy

--

    Mathias Behrle
    MBSolutions

    Tel: +49(761)471023
    Fax: +49(761)4770816
    http://m9s.biz
    UStIdNr: DE 142009020
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0x8405BBF6