Re: [Health-dev] Data elements for immunization record

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Data elements for immunization record
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 14:15:35 +0000

Hi Cecilia !

On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 19:07:31 -0300
Maria Cecilia Santos Popper <address@hidden> wrote:

> What a great job!

Thanks :)

> I think the injection site should be a drop down list.
In fact, it's the case, as per task
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13406

> In fact, many times the injection site of the same vaccine in depends
> on the age of the patient (thigh for infants and shoulder  but cheek
> for toddlers). Could it be possible to apply a kind of dds that would
> avoid for a practitioner to select a specific site depending on the
> age/condition if the patient?
It could, but I rather keep it general for now, since the vaccination
model covers both the prophylactic covered on the immunization schedule
as well as those not related to age, those in the post-exposure groups,
and the "therapeutic vaccines".

> What about lot number? I believe somebody mentioned this issue.
> At least in Argentina, it is a very important field that is even
> written down in the patient vaccine report.

It's in place. The lot number has the vaccine id, the number and
expiration date.

I will add a screenshot later today, so it becomes clearer and we can
use it for the 2.8 documentation.

Best,
Luis