Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:32:51 +0000

Hi, Cedric !
On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 21:35:54 +0100
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 07 Dec 19:51, Luis Falcon wrote:
> > Dear Mohamed
> > On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 19:51:51 +0100
> > Mouhamed Moustapha Diouf <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > thanks for replying. For sure we can have a long discussion in
> > > why android app and not mobile web app. For us it just a matter
> > > of ressources. We have hight skilled person for Android so we'll
> > > be more effective.
> >
> > Thanks for your positive feedback !
> >
> > I think it would be great to contribute with a GNU Health app for
> > Android.
> >
> > We've been discussing this for a while, and I came to the conclusion
> > that the best is to have specific tasks views, tailored to those
> > users who would really benefit from it.
> >
> > For instance:
> >
> > - Nurses : Take and record vital signs, roundings, ...
> > - Social workers : Verify the status of Domiciliary Units,
> >
> > So, for example, in the case of vital signs, we would need "big"
> > buttons, simple screens, to make sure there are no typos in the data
> > entry and make it more effective.
>
> But it will be more portable to do it with web application instead of
> relying on a specific platform.

That is a good point. It would be great to make it
platform-independent.

One of the points that we should also consider is the ability of being
connectionless, so we could store data locally (in the device) and
then synchronize it with the central instance.

It's not critical, but it could be quite handy in some situations.

What do you think ?

Best,