Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Androit application for Gnu Health
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 16:02:45 +0000

Hi Oscar and team !

On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:34:05 -0500
Oscar Alvarez <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 08/12/14 04:35, Luis Falcon wrote:
> > Hi Chris !
> > On Sun, 7 Dec 2014 19:49:00 -0800
> > Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I think there are reasons to develop both. With good, robust design
> >> (like with Bootstrap), webapp UX on a mobile device is great, so
> >> the flask-tryton is awesome (and the other flask addons that make
> >> UX/webapp design easy). However, there are some bonuses to an
> >> Android app. For example, asynchronous interactions (e.g.,
> >> poor-connectivity environments) is somewhat easier, I think, to
> >> develop in Android. Nevertheless, got an Android developer on
> >> hand?  I think an Android app would be great then.  =-)
> Why limits this development to Android?

I agree, we can have more than one mobile environment, but at the
moment Mohamed has volunteered to do the development in Android, so I
am very happy and grateful.

That does not mean that we can have one in QT and another in HTML5 .
Actually, it would be great ! I believe all will have pros and cons.

What I have proposed is to do a POC on vital signs recording. From
there we can probably reach an agreement on putting the focus in one to
make it the "official" app for GNU Health, but it could be also that we
could share the three of them.

Best,