Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions removed?

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Wikibooks - Installation Instructions removed?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:16:00 +0000

Hi Axel, Mathias !

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:51:31 +0100
Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good evening......

> > > Here is the rationale, sent a while ago to this list.
> > >
> > > https://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00521.html
> > >
> > > We are in the process of unifying the installation instructions
> > > for ALL major Operating Systems and Distros.
> > >
> > > Of course, Arch, OpenSUSE and many others will be documented as
> > > soon as possible. Yesterday I installed from scratch three
> > > operating systems,GNU Health, evaluated and documented them. This
> > > is a tedious, time-consuming process, but definitely worth.
> > >
> > > Hopefully I will be able to have OpenSUSE and Arch installation
> > > documentation by this week. Of course, you're most welcome to
> > > contribute.
>
> looks good the installation instructions! Works!

Glad you find it useful !! :)

It's great to harmonize and find a common installation method across
major OS / Distros.

> > Just to throw in, that I am willing to contribute the installation
> > on Debian via Debian packages. I will have to look, how this suits
> > in the new documentation effort.
> > - Gnuhealth packages are meanwhile available under
> > debian.tryton.org and ready to be (more) tested
> > - A docker setup for a quick local setup of the demo database is
> > almost finished - This docker setup aims to be used also as an
> > easily adaptable base for the deployment of a production environment
> > - Documentation still has to be written
Thank you Mathias ! I would be great if you can integrate the package
management with the current documentation GNU Health standards ! I'm
positive you'll be able to do it.

> and here is my question: A script to install from sources is good.
> But distribution specific packages are better (for various reasons
> that have already beend discussed).
>
> Will you put this documentation back in?
I think that the best place to hold for Distro specific packages should
be within the distro documentation portal itself. We can put a link to
it.

> @Mathias: Looking forward for the docker-solution!
>
> Have a great evening
> Axel
Thank you both for reporting and helping out !

Best,