Re: [Health-dev] HL7 PDQ module

From: Emilien Klein
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] HL7 PDQ module
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:13:30 +0100

In how far is this compatible with the FHIR interfaces released in this version?
Even if the transport mechanisms are different, I suppose part of the code (e.g. searching for a patient) can (and thus should) be shared.

Dear Luis, Emilien, Chris and GNU Health community,
it's been a while since we talked about the implementation of an HL7 PDQ module, but we managed to complete a first implementation. Recently we mentioned GNU Health and the module as a use case of HL7apy in an article for the IHIC 2015 conference (http://ihic2015.hl7cr.eu/). The article has been published and presented at the conference and it is available here (http://www.ejbi.org/en/ejbi/artinfo/200-en-27.html).

I'll try to explain the main feature of the module:
  • we have implemented an MLLP server that can handle different type of messages. Currently it handles only the PDQ and PDQV incoming messages but it is implemented to be extended to handle other message types;
  • when a PDQ request arrives, the module searches for the patient demographics information in the database, embeds them in the PDQ response and sends the response to the client;
  • as suggested by Emilien in a previous email, we've created two new Tryton modules to configure both the HL7 server and the PDQ module. From the HL7 configuration module it is also possible to start/stop the MLLP server
If you agree we would like to push our code to the default branch in order to let you see our module and, if you want, try it and contribute.

Let me know,
Vittorio

--
Vittorio Meloni