Re: [Health-dev] Problem in FHIR server installation.

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Problem in FHIR server installation.
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:19:25 -0700

Hiya!

> Thanks a lot. It works after commenting that particular line.  It
> seems that I can retrieve all resources mentioned except Observation
> and Procedure.

Yeah, I had difficulty with those endpoints. According to the standard,
they can include single systolic blood pressure measurements, heart
rate, etc. Unfortunately, most of those measurements are stored on the
same row *and* on multiple models (so, there is multi-model column
searches). I tried to disable the support. Sounds like I messed up.

> I have stored lab report with test "CBC" and observation "Hemoglobin".
> It is able to retrieve the lab report at
> */DiagnosticReport/labreport-1 *but is unable to retrieve observation
> */Observation/lab-93 *(URI was mentioned in labreport-1). I get the
> following page: This page contains the following errors: error on line
> 1 at column 1: Document is empty

Those ids - labreport-1, lab-93, etc. - were my attempt to handle the
multi-model column support. I thought I pushed a commit to disable it
before the 2.8.1 merge window, but I just checked and I missed it.  I've
disabled all of that, since it didn't work very well.

What's the status code on that?

> Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.
> Same thing is shown when I try to access /Observation and /Procedure (rest
> of resources work fine).

So... the individual report works, but the searches don't. Hmm...

> Also does the PUID search criteria for the patient works?

It should. It's non-intuitive because you have to search against the
identifier parameter. Also, the identifier is considered a token
datatype, so it must match exactly unless you use :text modifier.

As I said before, I've updated the code a lot. Probably pull the latest
code and use that.

hg clone http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/

or

Go to hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/ and get the latest code in
zip/bz2/gz file formats.

> I also need to write to GNU health (preferably through web service). Is
> there any other interface that can be used for it (JsonRPC or XmlRPC?). If
> yes, could you please point me to its documentation.

You mean like a bulk import? A proteus script is probably a better idea.

Documentation on pypi (and github):

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/proteus/3.4.3

For general standards-compliant interfaces, I may add write-support to
the FHIR server. There is also the HL7 v2 interface which may add
write-support as well.

Thanks!

-C