Re: [Health-dev] Problem in FHIR server installation.

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Problem in FHIR server installation.
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 18:14:46 -0700

Hiya!

> Sorry for late reply.

No worries, lol.

> As I said before, I've updated the code a lot. Probably pull the latest
> > code and use that.
> > hg clone http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/
> > or
> > Go to hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/health/ and get the latest code in
> > zip/bz2/gz file formats.
>

> I am now using the latest code. All base URI works now.
> So now the URIs are /DiagnosticReport/1 and /Observation/93 but when I try
> to access /Observation/93, I get issue = "No record" (status code is 404).
> Here is the DiagnosticReport/1 result:
>
> <DiagnosticReport xmlns="http://hl7.org/fhir";>
> <name>
> <coding>
> <code value="CBC"/>
> <display value="COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT"/>
> </coding>
> </name>
> <issued value="2015-03-29T23:43:31"/>
> <subject>
> <reference value="/Patient/1"/>
> <display value="Patient, Demo"/>
> </subject>
> <identifier>
> <label value="COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT for Patient, Demo on 2015/03/29"/>
> <value value="/DiagnosticReport/2"/>
> </identifier>
> <result>
> <reference value="/Observation/93"/>
> <display value="Hemoglobin"/>
> </result>
> </DiagnosticReport>

Unless I'm mistaken, the specific test doesn't have a value. But that's
a bug, it should tell you that. I looked at other error handling, and
seems I wasn't displaying the errors.

When I was badly coding most of the error handling, I said to myself...
I'll display tests in lab reports, but if they have no value, then if
you look for them, I'll give you an error. Now I realize that's
confusing. I'll push a commit to display the value-less tests.

> You mean like a bulk import? A proteus script is probably a better idea.
> > Documentation on pypi (and github):
> > https://pypi.python.org/pypi/proteus/3.4.3
> > For general standards-compliant interfaces, I may add write-support to
> > the FHIR server. There is also the HL7 v2 interface which may add
> > write-support as well.
>

> I'm not looking for bulk import but I want to add all kinds of data for a
> single patient like insurance, billing, medication and especially lab
> reports. I know I can add such information through HL7 message but I was
> not aware that GNU Health has an HL7 interface. Is there any documentation
> present or any example showing its usage?

If you don't want to do it through the interface, I still think
a Proteus script is what you are looking for. It allows you to work with
models like a client: update values, add new rows, etc. About the
documentation, not yet. The hl7 v2 work was just pushed, so hopefully
get some documentation on it soon. As I said, no write support though.

For me, the main reason I haven't added write support is because there
is already synchronization among instances, which means write support is
for non-Health systems (mostly). FHIR uses versioning to figure out what's
newest, but that's still difficult, and I mostly ignored it. Hehe.

> Also does GNU Health supports some dictionary for Clinical Terms like
> SNOMED that go beyond diseases unlike icd10?

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with SNOMED or ICD10. I've looked up
code values in both, and things like that, but little more. I don't
think you are talking about, for example, 'Mild', 'Moderate', etc. which
Health does use, and which are SNOMED concepts. You are thinking more
robust, so I would have to say no. I think, however, that moving the
models closer to SNOMED concepts and values is a good goal.

I'll get that commit out and thanks for finding my bad coding!

Regards,

-C