Re: [Health-dev] Patient Evaluations Remix - the health_encounter module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Patient Evaluations Remix - the health_encounter module
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 17:46:47 +0100

Hi Marc !

On Fri, 17 Jul 2015 19:28:02 -0500
Marc Murray <address@hidden> wrote:

> Blessings and salutations from the Land of Reggae,
>
> ----
> TL;DR:
> Screenshots : https://github.com/moh-gov-jm/health_encounter/wiki
>
> --
> As some of you may know, there is a lot of work going on within the
> Ministry of Health within the Jamaican Government to adopt GNU Health
> for use in public healthcare and health management facilities.
>
> As we are preparing to outfit entire facilities with an EHR based on
> GNU Health, we have determined that the Evaluations user-interfaces
> is less than ideal especially :
>      1. when multiple health professionals see a single patient under
> a single appointment

The general patient evaluation takes the initiating health
professional, and the signing health professional, depending on the
state of the evaluation.

In the upcoming version, we will also include a O2M to evaluation team
members, as in the new surgery model (see AIR30 community DB for
details).

At the end of the day, we try to have a generic patient
evaluation/encounter model, that can fit in many scenarios, from a
single doctor office, to a complex, inpatient patient evaluation.

Specific evaluation types (obstetrics / ICU / neonatal /
ophthalmology ... ) have their own models

>      2. when we have appointments for non-clinical visits that need to
>         be recorded and counted
You mean a well-[child|woman|man] visit ? What do you mean by
"non-clinical" visits ?

> This, coupled with the UnionMixin[2] feature available in Tryton 3.4,
> we have developed a module called health_encounter[1]. And, so we can
> get some feedback and input from you wonderful folks, we have made it
> available on github.

What we've been discussing lately is the idea of having specific
classes to be able to use them in different scenarios
(evaluation/encounters, roundings, ICU ... ). So, things like "vital
signs" will be great for this.

This concept will also help Chris on the HL7 FHIR implmentation .

> Sorry it's not pip installable as yet, but it will be soon. Please
> comment and, if necessary, put us in our place. :) Comments are
> welcome here or on github.
Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions ! We already have
incorporated great things from the Jamaica project, like the Injury
Surveillance System module - and I'm positive many of your ideas /
suggestions will be merged to the main branch.

Keep up the good work !

Best to all of you in the Land of Reggae
Luis

--
Luis Falcon, M.D.
GNU Health