Re: [Health-dev] Warehouse for pharmacy

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Warehouse for pharmacy
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 21:02:49 +0700

On 2015-12-10 10:21, Luis Falcon wrote:
> Hi there !
> On Tue, 8 Dec 2015 15:24:26 +0700
> Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at the pharmacy workflow and I have some questions about
> > the design. There they are:
> >
> > - Why forcing to have a warehouse for pharmacy instead of just a
> > storage location? As far as I see it the warehouse is only used to
> > create the stock moves of a prescription by using the storage
> > location as origin. For me, having to create a warehouse for each
> > pharmacy is too much because they could be managed as simple location
> > inside one big warehouse (the hospital).
> >
> > - Why is a pharmacy a party? I think it will be better to have a Model
> >   Pharmacy that will link a party with a location. Because an hospital
> >   could have many pharmacy but they are not necessary a legal entity.
> >   With my proposal we could link all the pharmacies to a single
> >   hospital.
> It's true that many health institutions have their own pharmacies, but
> many don't.
>
> The pharmacy can be a separate entity from a health institution, so we
> can have pharmacies across the city / country, that we can locate, and
> have them deal with their own resources.
>
> So, the physician prescribes, but the prescription can be dispatched
> within the same institution or outside (most of the cases).

OK this is exactly what I'm proposing having a design that suits both
cases. For now, only the case of a pharmacy outside is supported.

> > - Why is "Create Prescription Stock Move" a wizard? I'm not sure to
> >   understand the workflow. For me, a workflow would have been more
> >   appropriated because the delivery could require more steps like
> >   assigning the right pharmacy, update the quantity etc.
> Agree. A workflow will give it more flexibility. Today the wizard is a
> simple way to create the moves in one straight-forward step.
>
> What do you think ? Please let me know your thoughts. You're the expert
> on this area, and I believe we can all benefit from your
> suggestions ! :)

I think we need an other document which represent the pharmacy order
which can be edited by the pharmacist like changing quantity or
substitution of product etc. This document will work a little bit like
the sale by creating the outgoing moves and the accounting moves.
We could prefill the document when the pharmacist select a prescription.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden