[Health-dev] [bug #46665] sex should not be required

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #46665] sex should not be required
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:21:22 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #46665 (project health):

Although it can happen, in daily, interactive operation is statistically
unremarkable. Most demographics are initially taken and reviewed in presence
of the person, or automatically filled in at the moment of birth.

We should not put an option "Unknown", since it could lead to input errors and
it clutters the selection option.

The scenario where we could not have the value is when doing batch input of
demographic data coming from other system, and the value was not set at origin
(because the field was not required ;-) ).

What we could do, is having a boolean field "Unknown sex", and use states in
the sex field, setting it to required whenever the "unknown sex" field is
False.

Thoughts are most welcome.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46665>

  Message sent via/by Savannah