Re: [Health-dev] DevOps

From: Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] DevOps
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 15:17:04 -0500

Hi

I am looking something liek that, I was to having the whole deployment [ install / upgrade / upgrade ] on code using a bos like vagrant or docker in order on havin continue sintegration and continues delivery

I have an script for tryton working on that using vagrant, and any change done is no possible to keep it as part of the process without edit the deployment scripts

Best regards

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 5. April 2016, 13:59:56 schrieb Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto:

> Yes, you are right, however it is far from having "Infraestructure as
> code", what I mean is having health on a way on working as Continues
> Delivery and Continues Integration, considering that implementing ERP
> requires more than just install

Definitely, continuous adaption is part of this.

I used to run a productive Tryton environment, and my target was always to
have as least as possible administrative effort.
So for the Tryon system we used packages from OBS (build.opensuse.org)

The enhancements were implemented as separate package, build as well on OBS,
but without disclosing it to public.

Both are installed with system package management. Updates on base package
automatically trigger a rebuild of depending packages, so the whole
environment is always up to date, with minimal effort.

Just as additional thought
Axel

--
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto
    Senior Software Analyst Developer

No availability between 08:30 and 18:00, I will answer as soon as posible

Join the campaign at http://thinkBeforePrinting.org