Re: [Health-dev] Steps for Pharmacists to deduct medicament from pharmac

From: Bounmy Sihaphom
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Steps for Pharmacists to deduct medicament from pharmacy
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 05:08:45 +0700

On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Bounmy !

On Wed, 6 Apr 2016 06:24:25 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi community!
> I am wondering in GNU Health , Prescription made by doctors, but
> create stock move by pharmacists.The steps that i am familiar with
> is : let the pharmacist access to the prescription and make changes
> on pharmacy storage.My question is:
> 1. Is it the right way to do this?

Yes, in the scenario that you're showing, it can be done that way. The
doctor prescribes and the pharmacist dispenses and generates the stock
moves.

> 2. What if the hospital has more than 2 pharmacies , and the
> pharmacists create the stock move at the same time, can they make
> changes to the same warehouse default storage at the same time?

Currently, the prescription stock move in GNU Health works this way :

* The prescription has a field called "Pharmacy", related to a specific
  party of type "pharmacy".
* The Pharmacy has a warehouse, with input and output locations
* When dispensing the meds in the pharmacy, the stock move is done from
  the storage area of that specific pharmacy warehouse to the patient
  location (customer).

So, you can have different pharmacies within your hospital, each of it
with its own warehouse.

Hope this helps !

Bests,
Luis
Then we would have more than one warehouse in one hospital.I do not think it's practical, it will create stock management nightmare.What I suggest is : in the header of the prescription form where doctor / pharmacist select the pharmacy, it should be able to select child storage ie Pharmacy A,Pharmacy B or Pharmacy C...instead of only Warehouse.But again I am not sure if this is doable.