[Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [task #14727] Implement Action and Command codes
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 15:11:50 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: meanmicio
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: None
                  Module: GNU Health client

Details:

In the next version, we'll include the functionality of executing actions /
commands from its code, through an input area in the GNU Health client.

Action codes are extremely useful in large systems. Just typing it it will
execute such command / action. No need to navigate.

For those who have worked in systems such SAP, it would remind you of the
"transaction code" ("OK Codes")

At the GTK client, we will have an input box, which would allow us to enter
the command code. Upon entering the code, it will execute the command or
associated action.

The codes will have specific nomenclature that we can agree on, but that will
make them easier to remember. Some examples from the GNU Health world could
be

PART -> Parties
HPAT -> action to list all patients
HPATEV -> action to evaluations
HLAB -> Lab tests
HDU -> action to Domiciliary Units
HRDEM -> Demographics report (Health Reporting DEMographics)
FINV -> Invoices

We can have more features, depending on the suffix, such as executing the task
in a new tab, or spawning a new window. For instance

+HPATEV -> execute the patient evaluation action in a new tab
*HPATEV -> spawn a new window with the action
&DBBACK -> execute a local backup of the server in background

The action names won't be translatable, and we can agree to a maximum size (
no more than 10 chars)

We should have the input box field on the top segment of the , and always
visible.

Bests
Luis

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14727>