Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #14805] Activity log window
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 22:12:19 +0000

Hi Mathias
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 16:37:48 +0100
Mathias Behrle <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I'm not sure to what functionality you're referring (broadcast,
> > statusbar, internal messages ? )
>
> Internal messages and broadcasts are related topics for me. I just
> wanted to point at some implementation code that existed already.

Thanks ! :)

> > What they did was to remove the requests and use an URL entry (which
> > they have also removed it in 4.6... ) in the statusbar area.
> >
> > The Activity log has nothing to do with the requests, and the latest
> > relevant message is not a request.
> >
> > BTW, in my opinion, the internal requests was a great feature, that
> > came from tinyerp and that it should never should be removed from
> > Tryton, and that I am all for to get it back.
>
> I don't know how much it was used, but some of our customers could
> make use of it definitely.

I think many will be using it. Most systems have internal messaging.
It's very important and can not be replaced by email or other type of
external messaging system.

At the end of the day, it's up to the implementation if they want to
use it or not, but I find it useful-

> > Broadcasts are also different that internal messages / requests.
> > They should just do that, broadcasting, and they go in the new
> > activity log window.
>
> If somehow possible I would try to find a generic solution allowing
> to do broadcasts and messages/requests. But re-reading shows me that
> what you are calling activity log for me simply are status messages
> and thus should just go to the status bar.

That would be great. The broadcasts should show up in the Activity
window (optionally, we can have a header / short notice on the status
bar if needed, to be expanded on the Activity Log).

Thanks !

Bests,
Luis