Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health in Github

From: Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GNU Health in Github
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:09:22 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Oscar and community,

I'd to share my thoughts on this very important issue.

On Monday, January 22, 2018, 5:03:34 PM GMT+1, Oscar Alvarez <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think Mr. Stallman has answered this question elsewhere before:
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2015-12/msg00168.html
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2015-12/msg00168.html>
> Mario Castro Squella Ingeniero de Software | Registrar SW
> <http://www.registrar.cl/> +56 9 9702 8116
> I know see technical reasons for does not uses Github, I think that Stallman says is respectable, > but it is not the last word, it says that private company are evil!!,
Did he really say that? He may not have the last word, but he may have some background information we are not aware about?

> Can this great project ignore this, https://octoverse.github.com/?
Is it a proof that it respects the guiding principle of the FSF. Let's not forget that GNU Health is a project supported by GNU. Even Tryton is not hosted on this platform. Is it not strange?
We are living in a world where a number of people are just "blind" followers. This is one of the reason history repeats itself.

> Luis, IMHO yes there is a problem, I think missing more developers, translators and testers, simply passing this project to bitbucket or > github will explosively increase the collaborating community
> because I have found many more bugs than should exist and this occurrs because missing help, solve bugs and discuss them is > easier in Github, Savannah require knows another plattform, that little number of developers wants to know.
1/ On the GNU Health community
-It consists of thousands if not of tens thousands of dedicated people. Most of them will not express themselves in this mailing list.
-Currently, most major languages are available.
- OpenSuse just joined our community.

2/Bugs
-I have implemented GNU Health in the African rain forest. I can testify that it is very very robust (GU Health, Tryton, PostgreSQL, etc.), . Luis and the major developers react very fast. Just think of the time some of the biggest global software companies took to fix their product and paid with customer's money).

- Is it Perfect?
It is off course far from perfect. Like any human creation, it should be improved and I am glad that you are part of our team.

> Luis, you have a nice and good project but there are missing hands that help us, you can not save the world alone :|

>I think is the time for all community open the mind

Don't worry, Luis is not alone. I don't think that his intention is to "save"the world. Others did try and failed. Luis is making a tremendous contribution to improving the life of the privileged by helping getting access to basic healthcare via GNU Health. In our materialistic world, there are just a few people in this world who can dedicate their time, their money, their whole life for such a noble cause. Our community is very grateful to all those who contribute to this great project

3/ Final thoughts
GNU Health is much more than code. I'll end with a quote from Rabelais,  a French writer. He wrote this a few centuries ago:

"science sans conscience n'est que ruine de l'âme"
"science without conscience is but the ruin of the soul"
Let's join our efforts and support this great project.

Kind regards,
Armand