Re: [Health-dev] [task #15027] A discussion on integrating HL7 FHIR (and

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #15027] A discussion on integrating HL7 FHIR (and related) codesets into the data models
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 13:36:18 +0100

Hi Andrew, Chris !

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 12:17:45 +0100 (BST)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Chris
>
> In the SHORT term I think that GNU Health might need to continue
> using 'local codesets' with the option of also using a SCTID (SNOMED
> CT Identifier) in the same database table:
>
> Text description | Local code | SCTID
>
> oral | PO | 123456789
>
> intravenous | IV | 987654321
>
> In the medium term I think that GNU Health should be configured with
> the option of using/linking to a SCT TERMINOLOGY SERVER. This could
> possibly be a new GNU Health module or could just be a web link to an
> 'open source' terminology server.
>
> An increasing number of countries are now licensed to use SNOMED CT
> and those very low income countries can apply for the SCT free
> license option.
>
> Hope I have made myself clear.
>
> What do you think Luis?
>
> Andrew

Agree with both of you.

In our case, I believe we should be able to integrate it, under
exemption 3[1].

"Humanitarian/Charitable use: Offered strictly to not for profit
organizations who would like to use SNOMED CT non-commercially, for the
betterment of people living in rural areas and/or poorer countries."

We can talk to them and make sure we are in the same track about
providing unversality in healthcare.

In any case, in my opinion is to create a separate module, that would
allow to plug the datasets if the implementation context requires it.

Let me know your thoughts

1.-
https://www.snomed.org/snomed-ct/get-snomed-ct