Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [task #15167] Orthanc DICOM module
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 13:54:29 +0000

Hi Chris !

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 01:58:22 +0000
Chris Zimmerman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I think two things for testing:
>
> - Module actually works
> - Smooth and intuitive workflow
>
> I've been testing against the demo Orthanc server
> http://demo.orthanc-server.com and my own Orthanc docker instance.
> Real-world examples, of course, sometimes act differently. Also,
> needs to be an easy flow, so hopefully people can tell me what they
> like and dislike.

Great !!

> There is still the issue about DICOM viewers. That is, how to view
> the images. Orthanc ships with a dicom-viewer plugin that works
> through its web interface but it is, admittedly, not a robustly
> sophisticated viewer. Furthermore, even setting up a dicom-viewer and
> dicom-server to work together is non-trivial.
Yes. I think we should work on the link with a nice / simple DICOM
viewer.

I've been using Aliza lately (https://www.aliza-dicom-viewer.com/), a
QT application. It is simple, has an RPM package and works quite well.

We can check with Sebastien who is an expert in this area and get his
thoughts.

@Axel, do you think we can have the Aliza package for openSUSE ?

Best
Luis