Re: [Health-dev] connecting to GNUHealth server within wlan: could not c

From: Yusif Suleiman
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] connecting to GNUHealth server within wlan: could not connect to server
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 18:26:55 +0100

I will try again.
Thanks

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

-------- Original Message --------
From: Axel Braun
To: health-dev@gnu.org
CC:

Hello Yusif,

Am Freitag, 23. April 2021, 06:10:03 CEST schrieb Yusif Suleiman:

> This was same problem I encountered the last time I worked with gnuhealth on
> openSUSE using vm on desktop computer.
>
> The server and tryton worked perfectly on vm, but cannot access the server
> from another computer even though I can ping the VM ip.
>
> I would also appreciate the solution to this issue.

I have attached a screenshot. On the left side you have a virtualbox running
Leap 15.2 and GNUHealth 3.8

**Important**: Yo need to select 'Bridged network' in
Properties (of the VM) -> Network

On the right side you see a terminal window from the laptop that hosts the
virtual machine.
- I can ping the VM
- I can log into the vm via ssh (after starting sshd in the vm)

On top you see teh GNU Health client running on the Laptop: It sinds the
server and gets the available databases listed.

Here as well, not a general problem....

Hope that helps,
Axel