Re: [Health-dev] Automated insertion of demo data

From: Edgar Hagenbichler
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Automated insertion of demo data
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 17:49:32 +0200

Dear Andreas,

Am 10.05.2021 um 11:50 schrieb Andreas Lenhardt via Health-dev:
I have seen that there is no demo database for version 3.8 of Gnuhealth yet.

You are right that at https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/The_Demo_database#Local_Demo_Database it is not documented how to do this for 3.8.

But at the Raspi4 images of openSUSE at https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Installation_of_the_Raspberry_Pi_image the demop_database is preinstalled, so I thought it should be possible also for your own installation.

I would like to create my own demo data for teaching purposes.
Great!
For this I would like to know if there is an API or other way to transfer larger datasets in heaps into the system.
E.g. from a CSV file, using a Python program, etc.

At https://tryton.readthedocs.io/en/5.0/usage.html the Tryton docs read that there is in the Tool bar an "Import data...", but unfortunately there is no one visible in GNUHealth. I do not know how to activate this and if it would be possible. At https://docs.tryton.org/_/downloads/client-library/en/latest/pdf/ there is tryton-proteus documentation and at https://gist.github.com/cjbarnes18/1910996 there is a 9 years old demo_import.py. Maybe this helps, if not, please share your experiences.

Kind regards

Edgar