Re: [Health-dev] add gender "divers" in health.py

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] add gender "divers" in health.py
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 17:16:32 +0100

Dear Edgar!

Thanks for your feedback!
On Tue, 22 Jun 2021 11:53:33 +0200
Edgar_ <edgar@hagenbichler.at> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I tried to add the gender "Divers":
>
> On my test installation of openSUSE Leap 15.3 with GNU Health 3.8 on
> my Raspi4 with 8 GB as root I added in health.py the line
>
> ('d', 'Divers'),

Hmm. Be careful... all the modifications that you do on the standard
code will be lost in the next update!

If you want to customize a specific model, view or object in general,
please create a local module under the "local" directory, inherit the
model and then customize it.

Check in here for more info..

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Contributing#Customizing_and_Creating_Your_Own_Modules

> Then I upgraded the health module, which lasted nearly three hours.
> (Lesson learned: next time I will try it when I use my Virtual Box
> and deinstall most of the modules first)

Hahah! yes... good idea!!

> Then I restarted the server, checked status (running) and started the
> client with the result "cannot connect to server".
>
> Any ideas what I could try next?

It can be a network issue or it can be that the server did not start
up...

If you use systemd, please check:

systemctl status gnuhealth

and see that it tells you

Otherwise, try to run the GNUHealth HMIS tryton server in the
foreground..

$ cdexe
$ ./trytond -v

tell us what you get from there.

PS: I think all of us are in health-dev, so I just write back to the
list

All the best
Luis