[Health-dev] Tools and development environment

From: Jacob Chodubski
Subject: [Health-dev] Tools and development environment
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 18:32:56 +0000

Hello,
I would like to ask what tools are recommended for development. Usually this
information is provided via CONTRIBUTING and HACKING files on the repository.
Specifically:

 1. Tool used to separate system install from instance cloned with
git/development version (like pipenv, poetry or venv);
 2. Visual GUI editor (like QT designer) if any was used;
 3. Linting/formatting tools (like black, yapf, qmllint) for python and qml.
Ideally there should be a GitLab runner checking code.

I there is anything else that could help me set up effective development
environment I would also like to know about it.

Bests,
Jacob Chodubski

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.