Re: [Health-dev] MyGNUHealth: Import recordings - first test results

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] MyGNUHealth: Import recordings - first test results
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2021 12:36:41 +0100

Hi, Mat!

On 9/2/21 10:15 AM, Mat Knoll wrote:
Hi Luis,

Sorry for being late. I stuck correcting term papers of about 100 students....
Thanks for finding time for GNU Health with that amount of work ! :)

But now the good news: Great Work! Success! The import works perfectly. Even with multiple import of the same data. And: The chart looks very good. No scaling problems!

Excellent news! Yes, now we enforce sorting before sending the info to matplotlib, and that works quite well :)

If values out of range are entered, they will not be imported (feature, not bug :-) ), however, the script reports "Empty line, skipping..." (perhaps a warning could be included?).

Sure. We should be more verbose and specific on the messages.

I continue to add oxygen saturation, sleep and steps to my test data. I hope this works, I need to export the data from different devices. When the import is ready for this, I'll be happy to test.
Great!
However, I think you can integrate the import function as a menu item in the application. What you could think about then would be handling errors using nice error messages to guide the user fixing the bug in the import file (right now the script terminates).

We definitely will have a "Import" menu item on MyGNUHealth. I think we can have both, the script at OS level, which will always provide more flexibility, and a simple import menu at MyGH application level.

As you have suggested we need to be more verbose in the messages, and probably have a "test run" option before doing the actual import, so we can detect and fix possible issues on the datafile.

These days I also saw that there is a similar app for Ubuntu Touch (Subaybay). A nice feature there is that you can scroll through the values and edit or delete them individually. Perhaps such functionality/feature can also be considered here?

It is indeed a good option, but we have to keep in mind that, MyGH can work in the context of the GH Federation, which can send the information to the Health Information System and health professionals... in that case, we would need to update the associated page of life (a "patch" operation).  We do this in some resources of the Hospital Management System. For MyGNUHealth, it can be done, but we would need to evaluate pros and cons.

In parallel, I will work on the German translation. Please let me know if there is anything else I can support/contribute.

Great!!  German translation is most welcome, both for the application and documentation, and we'd love to publish it :)

All the best

Luis

Best,
Mat