Re: [Health-dev] MyGNUHealth Installation under Ubuntu

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] MyGNUHealth Installation under Ubuntu
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 13:02:41 +0100

Dear Gerald

On 10/14/21 12:48, Gerald Wiese wrote:
Hey,

I face some issues running MyGNUHealth under Ubuntu. On openSUSE it works well
following the instructions from here

https://www.gnuhealth.org/docs/mygnuhealth/

Using Ubuntu I run:

sudo apt install qml-module-org-kde-kirigami2 python3-pip
pip3 install --user --upgrade PySide2
pip3 install --user --upgrade MyGNUHealth
sudo ln -s /home/.../.local/bin/mygnuhealth /usr/local/bin/

mygnuhealth

But I get an error ".../mygnuhealth/qml/main.qml line 28: module "org.kde.kirigami"
is not installed"

One thing I tried was to set QML2_IMPORT_PATH environment variable to
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/ but afterwards
even on line 25 in main.qml QtQuick could not be loaded due to some undefined
symbol.

Can anyone share experiences how to get this working on Ubuntu? That would be
great!

What version of Ubuntu are you using?

Instead of downloading the pyside2 package from pypi (which misses Kirigami deps), try getting it from the unbuntu repository.

Check the version for pyside2: It should be PySide2 5.15+

It you have that version, then mygnuhealth should run out of the box. No need for symlinks or any tweaks.

All the best,

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc
President, GNU Solidario