[Health-dev] [bug #61922] Can not search full name of patient.

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #61922] Can not search full name of patient.
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 07:10:23 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #61922 (project health):

[comment #0 original submission:]
> My name is "Feng, Shu",
>
> if search "Feng" in patient search box, I can find my info.
>
> but if I search "Feng, Shu", I can not find my info.
>
> In China, we always use full nameļ¼Œ and alway search full name.

Thanks for the feedback, Feng!

The name representation (shown in reports and tree view) and the actual fields
are two different things.

The name representation is just that, a string constructed from different
fields, puncutation and other formatting chars. You can not search that
string.

If you want to find a people or patients that have with first name and
lastname, then you would pre-append the fields.

Taking your example, If I want to search all the people with the first name
"Feng" and lastname "Shu", I would type, in the generic search bar:

Patient:Feng Lastname:Shu

See the example with Ana Betz
https://i.imgur.com/QPjA7zF.png

Again, most of the time, you should look for the PUID / federation account,
which uniquely identifies the person.

Bests

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61922>

  Message sent via Savannah