[Health-dev] [bug #62626] banner from config not respected

From: Gerald Wiese
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #62626] banner from config not respected
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 10:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: None
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Module: gnuhealth client

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Tue 14 Jun 2022 02:27:00 PM UTC By: Gerald Wiese <gerald_wiese>
The wikibooks documentation says that a custom banner can be used but the
proposed config entry is not respected

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Using_a_custom_greeter_/_banner

In gnuhealth/gui/window/dblogin.py there is a line
"image.set_from_file(os.path.join(PIXMAPS_DIR, BANNER))". If I change BANNER
to CONFIG.config['client.banner'] it actually works the way it should.

Probably we should change it so that it tries to use the config and falls back
to the static banner if no path is set / path does not exist / is not an
image?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?62626>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/