[Health-dev] [bug #63535] Unused field notes_complaint

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #63535] Unused field notes_complaint
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 04:41:09 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: None
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Module: health
               Component: None

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Fri 16 Dec 2022 09:41:07 AM UTC By: Mathias Behrle <yangoon>
On model PatientEvaluation there exist the fields

    chief_complaint = fields.Char('Chief Complaint', help='Chief Complaint',
                                  states=STATES)
    notes_complaint = fields.Text('Complaint details', states=STATES)
    present_illness = fields.Text('Present Illness', states=STATES)
    evaluation_summary = fields.Text('Clinical and physical', states=STATES)

1)

Field notes_complaint is currently unused and could be therefore be removed.

However I would favor a migration of field present_illness to notes_complaint
for following reasons:

- not each complaint is an illness from a medical and human perspective, thus
notes_compliant provides a less biased version of the intended use of the
complimentary field to chief_complaint
- notes_complaint is the logical addition to chief_complaint, if
chief_complaint shall make a sense

2)

On a further note I would even find it worth considering if field
chief_complaint could not be a function field syndicating the first line of
field notes_complaint (or present_illness depending on which field will be
used) in the pattern used in e.g. Tryton sale or purchase modules:

    @fields.depends('notes_complaint')
    def on_change_with_chief_complaint(self, name=None):
        return firstline(self.notes_complaint or '')

I think this would simplify the input for the user and provide all complaint
related information in a single field.

What do you think?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63535>

Message sent via Savannah