[Health-dev] [bug #63535] Unused field notes_complaint

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #63535] Unused field notes_complaint
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 08:30:49 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #63535 (project health):

Hi, Mathias!

[comment #2 comment #2:]

> I agree that standards should be adhered to, but sometime standards seem not
to be esatblished by real life work.

True. Agree many times "standards" are made by bureaucratsthat want to get the
clerical work done by health professionals, and do not have a correlation with
the medical, day by day practice.

> From https://www.aapc.com/blog/42585-chief-complaint-required/
>
> "If the patient record does not reflect a chief complaint, the service is
either:

>     A preventive service; or
>     Unbillable.
> "
>
> So in the case of e.g. a Corona immunization there is nothing in the CC and
it is difficult to write something into HPI, because there is no illness. But
yes, a standard is a standard... ;)

Yes. GNU Health has medical visits of type:
- Well-child visit
- Well-[woman|man] visit
- Chronic / followup

In those cases no need for CC or HPI. In any case, they're optional.

For immunizations, best is to use the vaccination model, not the evaluation,
although you could use both.

Bests
Luis

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63535>