[Health-dev] Using Ansible for future GNU Health installation

From: Gerald Wiese
Subject: [Health-dev] Using Ansible for future GNU Health installation
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 13:40:24 +0100

Hello :)
After the GHCon Luis & me had a talk about using Ansible as future installation strategy. There is already a mercurial repo "health-ansible" where I will push for HMIS 4.1 testing / 4.2 release. Our idea is to have the current vanilla installation & Ansible in parallel for 4.2 and if everything works well move to Ansible as default (operating system independent) way for 4.4 or 5.0. You can use it to install GNU Health HMIS using the PyPI package "gnuhealth-all-modules" and put uWSGI & Nginx in front. Currently Debian, Ubuntu & openSUSE Leap are supported. Adding more libre operating systems will not be complicated, Luis already planned adding FreeBSD. If you want to join reflecting design decisions, testing, developing, documenting, etc. - please hit me up! As soon as there is an initial state to test based on 4.2 release candidate I will let you know.
Best
Gerald