[Health-dev] [task #16413] Automatically create patient upon entering de

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [task #16413] Automatically create patient upon entering demographics
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2023 14:20:26 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: meanmicio
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: None
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Module: health
               Component: Hospital Management

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Mon 31 Jul 2023 06:20:24 PM UTC By: Luis Falcon <meanmicio>
Currently the process to create a patient from demographics is a two-step
process.

* Create demographic information (the person in party model)
* Once in Patient, we can select the person and create the associated
patient.

This has advantages, such as role separations or to enroll people in the
system that are not part of the system of health (eg, relatives, etc..)

Most of the time however, the people we create on the system will be patients.
In this scenario, I think it can be a good idea that if the patient attribute
is set in the demographics section, the related patient will be automatically
created when saving the person.

We will have an attribute on the demographics that can be called "Do not
create target", that will stop at the demographics. Having a generic attribute
name will help us reuse it for other models, such us health institutions,
health professionals or pharmacies.

I think this functionality will speed the patient registration process while
maitaining flexibility.

Bests
Luis

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16413>