Re: [Health-dev] [bug #64542] health_genetics update take too long time

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [bug #64542] health_genetics update take too long time
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 09:00:04 +0200

* Luis Falcon: " [Health-dev] [bug #64542] health_genetics update take too long
  time" (Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:20:34 -0400 (EDT)):

> Follow-up Comment #8, bug #64542 (project health):
>
> I noticed that what it takes a lot is the update of the translation strings.
>
> I propose, by now, not translate the gene long name. Having the gene long name
> description in English is OK in the scientific community, and it will make the
> update process much faster, and don't overload the translation server at
> Weblate.
>

> All the entries with "model:gnuhealth.disease.gene,long_name:"
> should be removed, and make the field not translatable.
>
> For instance:
> msgctxt "model:gnuhealth.disease.gene,long_name:"
> msgid "5-methyltetrahydrofolate-homocysteine methyltransferase reductase"
> msgstr ""
>
> This should be removed from es.po, zh_CN.po ....
>
> Let me know your thoughts

Are there any existing translations?

Just in case I would ask the translators if they know of a real world
requirement of translated gene long names before cleaning them off.

Best regards
Mathias