[Health-dev] [task #16512] Render charts in SVG format for desktop and l

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: [Health-dev] [task #16512] Render charts in SVG format for desktop and linux based phones
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 12:43:16 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: meanmicio
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Open/Closed: Open
                 Release: None
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Module: MyGNUHealth
               Component: MyGNUHealth

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Tue 05 Mar 2024 05:43:16 PM UTC By: Luis Falcon <meanmicio>
Dear all

One of the nice features of pygal is rendering charts in SVG format. Not only
it makes them scalable, but also interactive. Since MyGH 2.2, this will be the
standard on desktops and Linux phones.

The reason I chose initially to convert to png was the limitation of Android
OS to render this format.

To get the best out of the two worlds, we can have the svg as the standard and
the use extra_depends for png rendering when generating the apk.

Bests
Luis

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16512>

Message sent via Savannah