health-i18n

Re: [Health-i18n] Unable to insert any text in French

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-i18n] Unable to insert any text in French
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 17:44:17 +0000

Hi Armand !
On Sat, 4 Feb 2017 14:18:09 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: Luis Falcon <address@hidden>
>  > To: Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> > Dear Armand
> > Please check if you can manage the French (France) now.
> Yes It is working fine now.Muchas gracias.

Great :) Thanks for the feedback !

> > PS: For upcoming 3.2 version, we will have to copy the strings from
> > fr_FR to the generic "fr" language, due to the changes on the Tryton
> > framework.
> Noted.Is there any thing I can do to assist?

I think the best is to have 2 versions on the translation server. One
that keeps the latest stable GNU Health strings (ie, 3.0) and other that
allows the translators work on the latest strings for the upcoming
version.

Currently, GNU Health is able to retrieve the latest strings from our
pootle server (via gnuhealth-control getlang command), so we need to
keep that way for now.

Of course, for the development versions, you can always update locally
the POT files for each module and work on the translation.

I am not an expert on Pootle, so any idea / suggestion is most
welcome :)

It might be a good idea to learn from LibreOffice localization project
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Translating_LibreOffice) for the
upcoming release.

Let me know your thoughts

Bests,