[Health] A question about GNU Health scalability, logging and extensibil

From: Hedayat Vatankhah
Subject: [Health] A question about GNU Health scalability, logging and extensibility
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 21:52:05 +0330

 Hi all,

We have recently decided to promote GNU Health in some of the hospitals in our city. We have some simple and fundamental questions about GNU health which we didn't find about them elsewhere (sorry if it is our fault). BTW, it would be nice if you answer or give me links which could help me in this regard.

First, we'd like to know about the scalability of GnuHealth/Tryton. For example, about the largest institutes GNU health has been implemented for. How much simultaneous users can use this system efficiently and how large the database (the number of patients per day and number of stuff, etc) can be while maintaining acceptable usage? I know that these cannot be determined exactly, but I'd like to know if the approximate limits are known? sorry for the vague question.

Second, is it possible to trace the edits in the system and have a history of changes in the system? For example, which user has changed the patient info at a specific date?

Finally, can we use one instance of GNU Health to manage multiple health centers which are managed by a single institute while maintaining security and manage how different health centers access and modify patient information?

Again, sorry if my questions are "bad" ones. I will try to learn more about this software soon :P

Thanks,

Hedayat