Re: [Health] Patient Registration Scenario - new version GNU Health 1.3.

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: Re: [Health] Patient Registration Scenario - new version GNU Health 1.3.4
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 15:34:20 +0430

Dear Luis,

Thanks, as always for your reply! I did think of the SSN field, but,
alas, this won't float either, as a national ID will be required for
quite a few clinical settings. Hence, it would be very counterproductive
to block this field and function.
The strategy of entering patient core data via the "Party" facility has
another disadvantage: It is not fail-safe: Patient registration staff
might well forget to activate the "is_patient" field, and thus lock
themselves out, depending on access rights to that record.
Privilege separation will be required within the "Party" facility, as
there will be other people/groups adding data, like human resources,
accounting, procurement, etc.
So, there is nothing all too wrong with entering patients from within
the "Health / Patients / Patients" facility, we just need some model
that separates the patient core data from their clinical details. After
messing around a lot with both approaches, I agree with Cédric before
that going through the "Patients" channel is the best approach...

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers (oops, not allowed!) from Kabul!

Chris