Re: [Health] GNU Health 1.4.3 start up problem

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health 1.4.3 start up problem
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:46:07 -0300

Hi Ronald !

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM, ronald munjoma <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Craig,
>

> On 7 February 2012 22:08, Craig Barnes <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ronald,
>>
>> I run tryton & trytond in a virtualenv routinely,  what steps have you
>> gone through?
>

> It looks like Trytond is not been installed, please find below the
> environment and steps I have taken:
>
> OS:  Debian 6.03 Server, also tried same process on Ubuntu 10.04 Server
> (virtualbox virtual machines on a Windows 7 host)
>
> Installed virtualenv, following instructions from here:
> http://www.pip-installer.org/en/latest/installing.html
>
> actived my virtualenv,
>
> ran: pip intsall --user trytond_health_profile (in virtualenv)
>
> It runs without an errors
>
> running ./trytond from  .local/bin throws the error
>
> pip uninstall trytond_health_profile gives error about trytond not installed
> (sorry dont have the actual error message, I have already deleted the
> virtual machines)

I think it's getting messy with the global installation. Try to do a
local one (with the --user option).

> I have also tried installing GNU Health 1.4.3 without using a virtualenv,
> when I run, pip install --user trytond_health_profile I get unknown option
> --user error. Any ideas what i might be doing wrong?

What version are of PIP are you using ? It seems like you have the old
pip version installed, that does not have the "--user" option. You
need to update the pip version.

Let us know how it went

Best

--