Re: [Health] Access control model

From: Gijs van Enckevort
Subject: Re: [Health] Access control model
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:25:13 +0100

Hi Ronald and Luis,

Thanks for pointing out the demo-database. Unfortunately though, it is a little too simple for my application. I'm starting to understand how to implement an access control policy in gnuHealth, but since I'm not familiar enough with the field too come up with a realistic one myself for a bigger setting. Decisions like: can all doctors access all data of all patients, or just all data of patients in their department. Perhaps even some basic info about all patients, and all details of patients they have treated.
And what kind of access do managers, researchers or administrative employees have?
Is such a more extensive or more fine-grained access control policy available somewhere?

Regards,
Gijs van Enckevort