Re: [Health] bash_profile

From: David Bruchmann
Subject: Re: [Health] bash_profile
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:25:26 +0700

Thanks Chris.
Concerning Updates (and maybe Backups) it's already a point where it's reasonable and at least thinkable that improvements for usage are reasonable too.

Best Regards,
David

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Chris <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey David!

> sure concerning the installation it's more or less clear.
> My question was more about the regular usage, so if there are some tasks
> that can be done easier by Batch, maybe even with advised procedures ...

To be honest, I feel out of my depth here. However, to soldier on... the
minimal playing around I have done, it is all through the tryton client,
which is a python library and, consequently, *nix-agnostic. Or the
trytond server, which is a python library, etc. The actual
administration of a production system... I have no honest experience
with GNU Health under heavy load. Consequently, I don't know what are
normal sys admin tasks. However, the normal tasks are probably there.
I mean, updating postgresql to a new version can be quite annoying
because you have to shove the old db into the new version. In Arch
Linux, I have a tracking version of postgresql installed that is the old
version so it helps with that transition. Basically, two versions
installed, old and new, so I always have compatibility and eases the
transition, especially with large dbs! I'm blanking on other tasks, but
I think it gets esoteric and too specific quickly. =-)

-C