Re: [Health] Prescription - auto fill fields depending on Medicament

From: Maria Cecilia Santos Popper
Subject: Re: [Health] Prescription - auto fill fields depending on Medicament
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 07:44:54 -0300

This is one of the aspects that I am interested in.
Many  (or should we say all)  of the EHR systems have this "drawback" related to the fact that their models are data-centered instead of process-centered.
Don't get me wrong,  gnuhealth is one of the best EHR I've ever seen but still, it does not escape from this counter-effect.
So my idea is to develop a kind of workflow and dds to avoid this.
On the other hand, I don't know what the consequences of having default values on medication could be.
Interesting discussion!

El 22/08/2014 05:48, "Luis Falcon" <address@hidden> escribió:
Hi Bounmy !

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:30:20 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> Luis and Teams!
>
> Any possibility (2.6 version)  to fill Medicament or drug
> form,route,dose and frequency, once the drug has been selected? if
> the Dr. want to change , they can do so, if so where I can do this? I
> know this issue has been raised many times, but anyone can give us
> hints! Thanks a lot.

Andrew has suggested something similar. I think you mean having default
values for specific meds.
The thing is that drugs doses depend on different factors ( age,
weight, pathology, etiology... ).

I find "auto fill" in this area tricky. It is also true that many
of these variables are already in the system, and that implementing
some automation on this would definitely make prescription /
administration much easier. A case for DSS.

Andrew is an expert on this field, so let's hear his opinion.

Best,