[Health] [health] Health Institutions - Pharmacy

From: Bidossessi ALAHASSA
Subject: [Health] [health] Health Institutions - Pharmacy
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:08:56 +0100

Hi all,

I just set up a fresh GnuHealth installation and installed a fresh database.
At first login, I configured a new company.
I read, either on previous threads or on the wiki that the fist company we create is the first health institution.  However, that company doesn't appear as a Health Institution in health_institutions  module. I'm doing something wrong ?

Second, Do we need to specify a health professional as an employee of a specific health instution ? From my understanding, all data related to a company is tied to that company and other users cannot have access to it. In that case, a physician can only see data related to its instution, right ? The patient privacy is then preserved. Am I wrong ?

Third, How to deal with the following two scenarios in Gnuhealth:
  1. the need of a central database for a consortium of hospitals who decide to share among things, all patient data, health professionals, etc.
  2. the need to authenticate a physican against only its institution

Last, I think the Pharmacy feature relies on Product module.
Do the administrator  need to create lots (stock_lot) for each medecine) he would like to be selling in the institution ?

Best.
Bidossessi.