Re: [Health] requesting assistance for GNU health data interchange

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] requesting assistance for GNU health data interchange
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:02:17 +0100

Hi Nasia !
On Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:18:59 +0800
Nasia Santos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
>      This is Nasia Santos, a Computer Science student from Asia
> Pacific College here in the Philippines. We're enrolled in a Project
> Based Learning track and currently working on the possibility of
> applying e-health (GNU Health) for a specific organization.
> In line with this, we are supposed to integrate and connect GNU
> health to OpenMRS (an electronic medical record system) with the
> intention of exchanging patient medical records between the two
> systems. May we ask your assistance in recommending anything that
> would enable GNU Health to send and receive data.

You can export / import data from/to GNU Health using different means
(xml, JSON RPC, .. ) . On our side we should be OK. It depends on what
type of interface OpenMRS uses for exchanging data, and which one you
would like to use.

We have also started on integrating HL7 FHIR. Chris Zimmerman is
working on both the server and the client for HL7 in GNU Health.

Best,
Luis

--
Luis Falcon, MD